
Salaam everyone.
Whoa. Feels like forever since I updated.
How's everyone doing? Good? Alhamdulillah.
I'm back in Leeds, however. Alhamdulillah. Just came over the weekend in order to hand in my assignment, that's done now. Alhamdulillah.
So... lets recall, shall we??
Had my last day for this semester before Christmas break on Monday, class was great, friends were great, I love LUBS, I love my course. ;)
On Tuesday, I came here...

I came that early because.. a friend and I were gonna watch a live footie match between Newcastle and Reading. Since the friend is a devoted fan, well... enough said. I think I blogged about it before as well. Here's more pictures.


Spent the rest of the week in Newcastle. It was great. Especially being together with 'almost' the rest of the family. haha. Despite the current 'ujian' that recently hit my brother, the parents and the housemates. Laahawlawalaaquwataillabillah..
We also went to Metrocentre, just to go around and took pictures of the beautiful christmas lights.. ;)



I also left my laptop in Newcastle for a few days to get it fixed. Somehow, it just got... rosak. Hmmph..Nevermind that. Things happen for a reason, yes? You gain some, you lose some. Life still goes on. Get over it, move on!
Easy to say, I must say.
May Allah help us to remain steadfast in our Imans, Amin..
I also learnt to play Scrabble again. But my mum, I must say, is the champion of the game. I guess being a teacher helps in the vocabulary department. Hee. I love my mum!! She even helped me out when I got stuck. Altogether now, aww..
On saturday, we all decided to go...



It was fun. Durham was absolutely gorgeous AND CLEAN!!!! It was so clean it feels like we were in a crystal ball. lol. We went to Botanic Garden and walked all the way back to the city. It was cold but it was good because all of us were together. Family time. ;)
Went back to Leeds and went straight to Samantha's place to finish off my assignment. Big big hugs to her!
On Monday, went to my school to print off the assignment and handed it in. My first, one and only assignment for this semester. Boy, am I not the envy of everyone? Don't worry, I'll be super busy next semester... hee.
On Monday night, there was a Christmas Dinner/Party for MA HRM Course. It has been planned and paid for weeks ago and finally it was here. The excitement just grew as the night set in when I was walking towards S's place. The venue for the night was held at The Queens Hotel. Thanks for all the people who really persuaded me to come, I was a bit iffy about going, actually, but after talking to some very trusted confidant, I decided to go ahead with it.
We all looked absolutely - stunning.



The pictures are with the group and our lecturers. Of course, you can't really tell who's who, but that's the point of the night, it was a social gathering so that the lecturers can get to know the students and vice versa. I'd say it was a very well done. Thanks to Alison who managed the whole thing - she's absolutely lovely, I seriously can't wait to get back to school to meet everyone. I have about 5 weeks to kill before school re-opens. nyeh!
Alison also said a few things to me that night that made me blushed so much that I had to hide behind Samantha. hee. I guess I couldn't handle praises and compliments without having to remind myself to remain humble. hee. But still, it was a well-surprising compliment coming from her, knowing how bubbly she is and how friendly she really really is. Actually, earlier on, she complimented the pin I used to tie my headscarf at the back, and since she's always sitting behind me, one day she just stopped me and told me how beautiful my pins are, and every time she sat behind me, she always wonder what different pins I would put on to tie the bit of my headscarf at the back. hee. Now, that was a nice compliment, no? I mean, who would've noticed such a small thing like that? And obviously it wasn't my intention to bring any attention as well, but that felt nice. hee. Alhamdulillah, praise be to Allah who loves beauty ;)
Anyways, before I signed off, a very happy birthday to:
Sofee & Nadzif
May Allah bless you always, and may you are always in His mercy and protection.
I'm tired. A bit grumpy, actually. Why? Because today, I walked the heck a lot in order to find Royal Mail Delivery Office to collect my parcel, well, actually it was the photographs from my graduation ceremony, and after an agonizing 2 hours of walking around, asking people where it was, finally, there was a Royal Mail van parked somewhere and there I was knocking on the driver's window asking for direction, at least this time, I would finally find it, and Alhamdulillah, I did. Praise be to Allah for not making me give up even when I felt like I wanted to, but somehow I kuatkan semangat again, thinking positively that I will find it, just a little bit more.
In conclusion - I've discovered Leeds!! hee. Not just the city centre, but outside of the city centre. And it was well worth the walk. Talking about the exercise I did by walking *heehee*
Now my legs are aching. No surprise. And feels like I wanna pamper myself so much, so counting the days until...
We are off to:
AMSTERDAM!!
When?
Next week!!
Woohoo...
*big big big big grins*
Where should I spend my new year this year?? hmm.. at home doing nothing and doing the countdown by myself? Or off somewhere where that person is?? hee.
Until then, people. Jazakallah for reading the updates of my life :)Insya Allah, will update when I can.
I miss: my ukhti who, I hope, has safely arrived in Brunei by now, my sisters in Brunei (especially the one who just got engaged - Congrats), my little niece who's gonna undergo an operation (please pray for the well-being of Aleeya Ezzaty everyone, Jazakallah) and I miss *blank*
No comments:
Post a Comment