
*C'mon now get happy*
Salaam my dearest readers.
*grins*
Alhamdulillah, today has been a very very happy day for me.
For no apparent reasons, I just feel thankful to Allah for making today as wonderful and beautiful as everything else.
For no personal excuse, I just feel so very happy with this life. Alhamdulillah.
Maybe because:
- I started my day with the usual routine of waking up around 6.30-7 in the morning for Fajr prayer, then snuggled back into my warm bed and knowing that I have a late afternoon lecture, I just take everything so easy.
- I had a good breakfast as well, apart from chatting and updating life news with my dears - Ammey and Sis Alai *hugs*
- I spent the morning with watching 'The Wedding Singer' and I got into the romantic mood, despite a few things that I will not elaborate here.
- Then, just spent my noon 'trying' to read and made notes for discussion
- Walked to uni, had a cup of hot chocolate and headed to class
- Had a very interesting and fun lecture which I have to say I truly truly enjoy. Now, I seriously do not regret taking up Occupational Psychology and Gender & Equality at Work as my option modules eventhough they occupy my second semester time fully... in short - I'm glad I took these two modules!!
- Last but not least, what's a good day without me walking back home with a big smile on my face that people might actually think I'm crazy.
I guess today I am just sublimely-seriously-wholeheartedly-adorably-over-the-moon HAPPY, and the best part of all is that everyone in my life has got something to do with it, directly and indirectly. And that includes you, my readers!!
I got these quotes from an email I read this morning:
5 WAYS TO BE HAPPY:
1. Worry less.
2. Throw away your hatred feeling.
3. Live simply.
4. Give more.
5. Expect less.
After all, life is too short to worry much about everything else, or everyone else, for that matter. Enough said that you cannot please everyone all the time, it's enough that you've done your best and you have to accept the fact that not everyone will like you or love you and not everyone will hate you or despise you. Just be thankful that you have parents who love you, partners to accompany you, friends to laugh with you, place to shelter you, money to support you... because at some part of the world, not everyone is as lucky as you.
After all, what's the point of hating someone rather than it will eat you up and take away your energy just thinking about it and being all worked up about it. Learn to let go of grudges and learn to forgive and forget. You'll be surprise to learn that the world doesn't really resolve around you.
After all, we have the power to either make a situation harder or easier on our part. We choose to live the way we do, so when you have the chance, take life as simple as you get it. No need for all that complicated dramas and stuff. Well, a bit of drama now and then does help to maintain our human instinct especially those in relationship. Oooh, fun!! ;)
After all, doesn't it goes with saying that 'the more you give, the more you get something in return?'. Haha I dunno, actually. I take it from an Islamic perspective. The more tani murah bersedekah, lebih murah lagi rezeki yang Allah turunkan arah tani. So give a smile, give charity, give Salaam, give advice, give opinions, give give give give!! And do 'take' jua sometimes, in return for all the givings. ;)
After all, the more you expect something, you might end up getting hurt if those expectations don't quite meet up with yours. So expect less, take things as they come. Live day-to-day. Sometimes, people do surprise you when you least expect it.
In fact, I would suggest everyone to LOVE MORE... it doesn't matter if your love is returned or not, as long as you LOVE.
I mentioned this to a friend recently that up to this moment, I think love is so over-rated, I only believe that the love that I have is for Allah (insya Allah) and that love I hope is everlasting, other than that, I only take it that for two people to be together, there has got to be commitment from one another towards one another, trust, companionship as well as the feeling of 'wanting to be together' because it just feels right.
But hey, don't just take my word for it...I might be contradicting myself in the future when it finally hit me that I have fallen in love with someone. Hmmm.. who knows, right?
Well, Allah knows! Allah knows best!
Oh happy day! And happy news all around!
Off for some reading for tomorrow's class and off to bed I go!
Hope yours have been great as well! Allah hafiz!
<3 <3 <3
No comments:
Post a Comment